Keystone Business Ventures, Inc. is a Strategic Merger & Acquisition Advisory Firm, that also provides Certified Business Valuations, Machinery, and Equipment Valuations and assists business owners with Commercial Real Estate Investments. The company services clients in Pennsylvania from its office in Williamsport, PA. Keystone Business Ventures Advisors hold Pennsylvania Real Estate Salesperson licenses in Pennsylvania. The M&A Advisors have a combined 80+ years of experience as business owners.
- Be the trusted valuation resource throughout Pennsylvania. Valuations and analysis the keystone of all strategic advisory, acquisition, business development and commercial real estate investment services.
- Establish a concentric valuation presence throughout the regional market area.
- Develop and mine a network of contacts (regional and national) for valuation, development, transfer, buy, sell, merge, and lease opportunities.
- Maintain and market an accurate database of business valuation, merger and acquisition, and investment real estate opportunities for prospective Influencers, Buyers, Sellers, Developers, Venture Capitalists, Angel Investors, Lenders, Financiers, Asset Managers, and Consultants.
- Expand and train a competent sales force in credentialed business, machinery, and equipment valuation, confidential Merger & Acquisition marketing and sales; business consultant skills; and commercial real estate investment practices.
- Internally develop and train a professionally skilled workforce in operating a contact resource management (CRM) system with best practices and proven techniques.
The firm began in 1986 as VR Brokers, a national business brokerage franchise. Lora Morningstar founded the firm as the broker/owner.
In 1993, she incorporated as Business Ventures, Inc. and traded as Real Estate Ventures, providing commercial real estate and business brokerage services in Lycoming County and the contiguous counties. At this time the franchise agreement with VR Brokers expired.
In 1996, the business was sold to Keystone Business Ventures, Inc., which traded as Keystone Real Estate Ventures. With the acquisition, the mission market area was extended throughout Pennsylvania.
William A. Knoch took over as the president of the corporation. In 1999, he assumed the duties of broker of record.
In 2003, business valuation was added to the firm’s services. In 2013, certified business appraisal skills enhanced the services with Mr. Knoch obtaining the Institute of Business Appraiser’s Certified Business Appraiser (CBA) designation. In 2014, Mr. Knoch added the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts’ Certified Valuation Analysts (CVA) designation.
In 2021, Keystone added the Certified Machinery and Equipment Appraiser (CMEA) designation to add equipment appraisals to the services offered.